Scratch is pleased to announce that it has partnered with Legacy Christian Academy. Beginning in August, Legacy Middle School students will have the opportunity to participate in a golf physical education program at Scratch.
What is it?
Two Classes Each Week at Scratch
- Class is held every Monday & Wednesday from 2:30-3:30 pm during 7th period (total of 2 hours per week)
- First session is on August 22, 2012; last session is on November 14, 2012
- 25 sessions for a total of 25 hours of instruction and learning in the trimester
- On Monday, the students will be in a “Power Session,” covering the areas of Fitness and Full Swing. 30 minutes will be spent in each discipline.
- On Wednesday, the students will be in a “Short Game Session,” covering the areas of putting and chipping. 30 minutes will be spent in each discipline.
- Scratch collects objective shot data that is used to evaluate your Legacy student’s performance. Video and balance analysis are used to improve the student’s game. These tools are unique to Scratch; students can access their own data securely via our online Scratch Student Handicap System (SSHS).
What will your Legacy Student learn?
Training at Scratch’s Four Stations
- Full Swing – Your Legacy student will be taught fundamentals of the full swing including grip, stance and posture; basic swing mechanics.
- Putting – Learn all types of putting shots– short, long, downhill, uphill, big breaking, and more. Your Legacy student will have access to our video database with over 50 different drills.
- Short game – Students will learn many of the same shots hit by the Tour pros– short chips, long chips, pitch shots, flop shots, and various bunker shots. Video drills reinforce the right way to hit, with over 60 video drills.
- Fitness – Your student will participate in a golf-specific fitness program. The Titleist Performance Institute (TPI) curriculum is tailored to improve their swing, balance, and power.
- Mental training – From course strategy, to handling pressure, and understanding one’s self as a player, Legacy students will be taught various skills to better prepare themselves for the mental side of the game.
Cost & Equipment
- $495 per student. 25 sessions at $19.80 per session per student.
- Transportation to Scratch will be provided by Legacy
- Enrollment is limited to 16 Legacy students.
- Students are not required to have golf clubs to participate; equipment is available to use while in session.
- Students who have golf clubs are encouraged to bring them.
- Dress code: students are encouraged to dress comfortably; tennis shoes or sneakers are recommended.